thick in the fog of americana

Saturday, March 7, 2009 | |



to ellis island

the miss freedom ferry
the miss freedom ferry, hudson river NY. 3/09




good morning, new spirit.
new spirit came back to me
when i wasn't thinking of him,
same as always...
-j.i.



some people have loved me for so long and it makes me want to cry how kind they are, i'm a person that doesn't water and sun others' faith in me, but tough and loving roots survive and i'm still held by the sweetest of branches somehow, soft as the youngest, holding me as if i was kind, as if they confused me with them,

just have to keep afloat these last few days of work and then i'll be free to go back to the homeland, to new england, and then go to the state that my favorite song and poem are about, since i've never, ever been there, to see one of the loveliest women of all time, to see what my ohio life could've been, had i chosen to grow my knowledge there instead, instead of here, where the air means a short life but a full life.


1 comments.:

rose said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i am so excited!!!!!!!!





real but not live




implicated