ohwowio

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 | |





no photographs. they are all film. so here is an old postcard that feels exactly the way this town feels.
lunch at the black river cafe this afternoon with rose's incredible kin. life here is too good. it's one of those places where you hang your hat. and you never. pick it up. again.

i'm writing too much to write here. but in short,
this is so thorough a vacation it's reaching into the deepest wrinkles of my gray matter. every day has tiptoed a little closer to 70 degrees and i have my first blush of an almost-sunburn. people are so kind here. they've swallowed me into their porch life and we drink and eat on the veranda and roof, having spitting contests and working our smile muscles. my stomach is full of co-op food and my heart is full of ohio. and my hugs are full of rose!

i am so lucky to know the people i know. they are too good to me.


wait: do this with me.

Breathe in big. In yr stomach.
Now:


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

isn't that better?

love, elise



2 comments.:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Oh, how I wish I were with you two...

elise largesse said...

i wish you were here too darling! we have been talking about you so so so much and i miss you.





real but not live




implicated