&&&, #1

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 | |




hopkinton state park, MA / 5.09



I’ve been living hedonistically.
But I’ll always love shade plants more than sun plants,
their humble leaves rounded and tougher, duller darker
nothing showy like those dry bright noisy spangled
sun plants.
I prefer shade plants in the same way I will always prefer
The East Coast.
And still,
for someone who loves weird screensavers the way I do,
I make a good try at being useful.
Post-apocalyptic skills list into the double digits.
I don’t even run from bees anymore.
The houseplant has much in common with the shade plant
And is often a shade plant itself,
taken out of the ground with a little bit of dirt
to help us out up here.
Thanks Spider Plant.
My alley cave seems nicer now.
The day was so dark that the morning birds
never stopped calling. They
faded right into the evening birds.
The one that goes,
{Play or Sing: E sustained, B, B sliding to B flat}.

There’s only so much you can do
with what you get,
a broken chair,
a can of crushed pine-apples.







6 comments.:

Alice said...

Oh man. That sound is haunting. I think it's what I'll miss the most.

Annalise said...

LOVE the lines, "The day was so dark that the morning birds
never stopped calling. They
faded right into the evening birds."
This poem is bursting with nostalgia, in the best of ways--a very Elise nostalgia, dare I say. I <3 nostalgia and this poem.

and then she said said...

lovely.

Anonymous said...

Great post, I enjoyed ready reading it, Keep posting good stuff like this.

kpwriting.com said...

great) liked everything very much) keep it up and dont stop)

Unknown said...

They faded right into the evening birds.
dissertation





real but not live




implicated